Follow by Email

Friday, February 17, 2012

Helping the Helper

Okay, I never do this. I'm not great at soliciting money for anything, but sometimes it's the right thing to do. This is one of those situation where I think "...but for the grace of God...". This is one of my biggest fears: Something scary and unexpected happens to my service dog. I hate emergencies on a good day, but when it's a service dog, there are several factors to consider: This dog is necessary for daily functionality for one; but a service dog is more than medical equipment. These animals are our constant companions and best friends too. They help us every day, so when they need our help, everything inside us wants to give them the best care possible. When it's their turn, we are more than happy to reciprocate. Unfortunately, sometimes the financial resources just aren't there, and as difficult as it may be, we ask for help because it's for them. If you can, please help Book. He is a friend's loyal service dog and a Doberman, so he's a special kind of awesome:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment